M&E-Data base Manager
Jobs at:Arlington Academy of Hope Bududa-Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The M&E-Database Manager will work with US based Gift-cloud system to set up and manage a comprehensive database for students in the AAH network, including managing the sponsorship process for all sponsored students.
• Track the use and impact of donor funds and the AAH program as a whole and create and distribute reports to this effect.
About Arlington Academy of Hope Uganda
The Arlington Academy of Hope, (AAH Uganda) is found in Bududa in Eastern Uganda. We provide access to quality education, health care and community development in the three districts of: Bududa, Manafwa and Namisindwa. We run a model primary school, secondary school scholarships, Outreach and Tertiary programs for over 800 students. We have two medical clinics which serve over 25,000 patients per year and various community development activities. We have over seventy employees plus volunteers both domestic and international. .
• Develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation system at AAH that will ensure tracking of project/ programme of sponsored students results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
• Develop/ adopt an integrated database of all AAH Students programs and ensure accountability through regular data updates, data integrity and working in collaboration with AAH Uganda team & also our partner REACH for Uganda in USA.
• Work with the IT Department, Education department and managers to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective sponsorship of students which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects/ programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
• Review existing data collection tools currently being used at AAH programs.
• Incorporate field and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems within AAH and our partner REACH for Uganda.
• Ensure all grants have updated work-plans and performance management plan (PMPs) in attendance with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed
• Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for the AAH program in liaison with the IT Manager with timely actions.
• Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to the respective Stakeholders on the program
• Supervise entry of MIS data into database systems; implement routine data quality assurance checks.
• Design and lead trainings for field-based team members to collect and report quality, and timely data.
• Design evaluation study tools, in consultation with IT Manager including revising global tools for use in local context, translating documents and preparing manuals for training and field data collection.
• Full computer literacy, including competency in modelling, forecasting and data entry.
• knowledgeable in AAH Philosophy, Vision and strategy (desirable)
• Good and demonstrable leadership skills (desirable)
• Bachelor’s in Business, Statistics, Economics, IT, Urban and regional planning or other related fields
• A Post graduate in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Terms and Conditions
salary is very competitive and negotiable based on experience.
Based in Bududa with willingness to spend significant time in Bududa and Namisindwa.
How to apply
Send an application together with a current CV and certified academic documents to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to the office of the Human Resource Manager by May 5, 2021 at 5.00pm. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AAH is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equality and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.